Thank you for visiting these pages to find out how you can help support the Cued Speech Association UK
We need funds:
- to help people who cannot afford the cost of learning to cue
- to give information about Cued Speech so that no child is denied the opportunity to benefit from Cued Speech because parents and professionals did not know about it.
How you can help:
Most of the following ideas will cost you nothing!
- Shop online at Easyfundraising - using the easyfundraising website, which, at no cost to yourself, can help raise funds for our charity. Shop at hundreds of your favorite retailers whilst supporting a worthy cause.
- Everyclick is a great new search engine. It works just like other major search engines, for example Google, but every time you use it a small donation is made to the charity of your choice. They have already raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for a wide range of charities. There’s no catch – Everyclick encourages people to use it by giving the ‘carrot’ of charity donations and they fund their business - like every other search engine – by advertising. To start fundraising, click on Cued Speech Association UK then 'start fundraising'. After you've signed up, an easy way to use it is to click on 'add to searchbar' at the top right of your screen (this means that you can just type in what you're searching for without having the Everyclick page available). Choose everyclick and click on the arrow at the side of the search box to change the default search engine to everyclick. That's it done! You can now raise money for Cued Speech Association UK every time you search the web.
- Ink Cartridge Recycling - The Cued Speech Association gets a donation for every ink cartridge recycled (except Epson or inktanks which don't have a small printed circuit board on the side). We receive up to £1 for an ink cartridge…...AND you know that they will be recycled rather than contributing to landfill. Recycling envelopes are available from our office, just complete the form on the Contact Us page or click here to email Louise to get supplies. Please help us by using these to raise funds for us – just pop your used ink cartridges in the envelope and drop it in the nearest postbox - it’s FREEPOST so no stamp is needed. If you can collect 20 or more cartridges we can arrange a free collection. Remember to fill in the details to get replacement envelopes, or ask the Cued Speech office for more.
A growing membership demonstrates that our organisation is valued and active, making us much more attractive to organisations who might consider giving grants or donations. Therefore, just by joining our Association you will help us in our work. In addition you will receive quarterly newsletters and have the opportunity to attend and vote at the AGM. Anyone interested in Cued Speech is eligible for membership. You don't need to be able to cue to be a member. Membership costs £10.
- Every penny raised to help us in our work makes a real difference. Could you organise a coffee morning, a car boot sale, or a sponsored walk in aid of the Cued Speech Association? Or, if you’re feeling really energetic, run a marathon for us! If that’s too tame – perhaps try bungee jumping? We will help with advertising and any support you might need.
You can make donations to support our charity in any of the following ways:
- Donate through PayPal
- Give online
- Give by CAF Charity Card
- By phone or Post
- Contact us for a Donation Form to make a regular donation
- A gift in your will - Did you know? Each year the government receives £3.3 billion from inheritance tax - an average of £5,500 for every death in the UK every year. Any gift, however small, in your will could make a real difference by helping us to transform the lives of more deaf children and adults – giving them the communication and literacy skills, through Cued Speech, which they need to achieve their full potential in life.
- Through your tax return - Please don’t forget, when returning your tax return, that you can nominate a charity to receive part or all of any tax repayment that may be due to you. You’ll need our identification code – QAD30XG
Every penny raised gives us much-needed cash to help us in our work of informing people about Cued Speech and teaching them to use it. We would very much appreciate any help you can give us, however small (or large)! For further detail, please click here to contact Louise, our Fundraiser.