As well as delivering training the CSAUK also offers two exams in CS proficiency:
Level One is designed to test the candidate’s basic CS skills in three areas:
- expressive cueing: testing if the candidate can accurately cue single words and short sentences
- cue reading: using the cues to read to differentiate between similar words
- the basic theory behind using CS.
Level Two exams are for people who have passed their Level One exam and wish to further their experience with CS. A greater level of accuracy and fluency is required than Level One but again there are three sections:
- Expressive cueing: consists of 5 parts: cueing a short piece of prepared text, cueing single words, telling a story from a given strip of pictures, cueing a passage of between 150 and 160 words, and a conversation of about five minutes on a pre-prepared topic.
- Theory: this is to test a deeper knowledge of Cued Speech and the ability to describe Cued Speech to deaf children’s families, family, friends or professionals.
- Cue-reading: 2 sets of 5 phrases of up to six words each.
Examinations can be delivered remotely; all are filmed and two examiners review any borderline students. On completion, you will be awarded a certificate by the Cued Speech Association UK.
The cost of these exams are:
Level 1 - £65.00
Level 2 - £85.00
If you have any questions regarding examinations or wish to speak to someone about working towards your qualification, please don’t hesitate to contact us.